Over the past years, the use of video content has been popularized by most website entrepreneurs. Perhaps, as a starter, you find it difficult to establish your target market regarding getting views and even buying your products or the services that you offered. However, there are different aspects that you ’ll need to understand, learn and apply it in using a website platform. One of the factors is the use of search engine optimization and adding a video SEO t ruly provides an impact in your rankings.
Video SEO is everywhere and this could either be beneficial or destructive because competitors will always find you challenging especially if you are always on the top rank in the search engine results. For you to maintain your rank and be ten times ahead of your competitors, here are the following tips for you improve your video SEO.
- It adds value- as much as possible;always remember that your content should contain relevance towards your client’s und erstanding. Some clients would appreciate the effort because you have added value in making a video. Keep in mind that the better quality, the more you have established trust with your clients.
- Hosting your video- having to add a video in your domain improves your rank and at the same time maintaining it to the top level. To make it interesting, hosting your video ensures that it won’t be redirected to another site. For example, you want to upload a video on Youtube and adding the link b ack to your site in the description box. This is one way that you can expand your website, however, regarding SEO, what happens is that it will route to the Youtube website before your domain is seen.
- Is more engaging in your content- most people can appreciate a video if it is interactive and engaging. For example, you can add an annotation, a caption and other ways that you gamify your viewers. This will help you get the attention of more viewers as well.
- Adding a relevant metadata- in a website, there is a search engine index wherein specific keywords are mainly the reason why your website is found on the top page of the search engine. According to Google, it is important that you add details such as a thumbnail, description and the title. Metadata d oes the same thing, but it has to be concise, short and use keywords that are effective.
- The use of keywords- just like any other content, the use of keywords for your video SEO helps viewers to discover your website. Tip: Understand the nature of your business, and surely you can come up with a description that wills suite the site best. Avoid using click baits as this will jeopardize your ranking.
- using thumbnails- did you know that adding a thumbnail to your video can also attract attention to your ta rget audience? Thumbnails are the first thing that users would notice and so make sure that you are using a thumbnail that is relevant to your video content.